Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on The Centre for Advanced Facial Cosmetic Surgery’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on The Centre for Advanced Facial Cosmetic Surgery’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by The Centre for Advanced Facial Cosmetic Surgery at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on The Centre for Advanced Facial Cosmetic Surgery’s web site are provided “as is”. The Centre for Advanced Facial Cosmetic Surgery makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, The Centre for Advanced Facial Cosmetic Surgery does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- Information on this site may or may not be true. The Centre for Advanced Facial Cosmetic Surgery and Dr. Julian De Silva make no warranty as to the validity of any claims. The Centre for Advanced Facial Cosmetic Surgery and Dr. Julian De Silva claim no credit for any images featured on this site. All visual content is copyright its respectful owners. The Centre for Advanced Facial Cosmetic Surgery and Dr. Julian De Silva in no way have control nor are responsible for content of any external web links, nor do the site’s operators make any warranty to the fidelity, accuracy or reliability of its content. If by any chance you find any celebrity photos here which you believe are in violation of the rightful owner’s copyright, if you are a celebrity on this site and wish to have your post(s) removed, or if you own the rights to any of the images and do not wish them to appear on this site, please contact us immediately and they will be promptly removed.
In no event shall The Centre for Advanced Facial Cosmetic Surgery or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on The Centre for Advanced Facial Cosmetic Surgery’s Internet site, even if The Centre for Advanced Facial Cosmetic Surgery or a The Centre for Advanced Facial Cosmetic Surgery authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on The Centre for Advanced Facial Cosmetic Surgery’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The Centre for Advanced Facial Cosmetic Surgery does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. The Centre for Advanced Facial Cosmetic Surgery may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. The Centre for Advanced Facial Cosmetic Surgery does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
The Centre for Advanced Facial Cosmetic Surgery has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by The Centre for Advanced Facial Cosmetic Surgery of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to The Centre for Advanced Facial Cosmetic Surgery’s web site shall be governed by the laws of West London without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Data Protection Privacy Notice
In providing your Medical Care and Treatment, we will ask for information about you and your health. Occasionally, we may receive information from other providers who have been involved in providing your care. This privacy notice describes the type of personal information we hold, why we hold it and what we do with it.
Information that we collect
We may collect the following information about you:
- Personal details such as your name, date of birth, national insurance number, address, telephone number and email address
- Information about your general health and medical history, including clinical records made by other medical professionals involved with your care and treatment
- -X-rays, clinical photographs, digital scans and study models
- Medical and dental histories
- Treatment plans and consent
- Notes of conversations with you about your care
- Dates of your appointments
- Details of any complaints you have made and how these complaints were dealt with
- Correspondence with other health professionals or institutions
- Details of the fees we have charged, the amounts you have paid and some payment details
Dr Julian De Silva is responsible for keeping secure the information about you that we hold.
Those at the practice who have access to your information include health care administration and other professionals involved with your care and treatment, and the reception staff responsible for the management and administration of the practice.
How we use your information
To provide you with the care and treatment that you need, we require up-to-date and accurate information about you.
We will seek your preference for how we contact you about your care. Our usual methods are telephone, email or letter.
Your information is normally used only by those working at the practice but there may be
Instances where we need to share it – for example, with:
– Your GP
We will only disclose your information on a need-to-know basis and will limit any information that we share to the minimum necessary.
In certain circumstances or if required by law, we may need to disclose your information to a third party not connected with your health care, including HMRC or other law enforcement or government agencies.
Keeping your information safe
We store your personal information securely on our practice computer system and in the short term a manual filing system. Your information cannot be accessed by those who do not work at the practice; only those working at the practice have access to your information. They understand their legal responsibility to maintain confidentiality and follow practice procedures to ensure this.
We take precautions to ensure security of the practice premises, the practice filing systems and computers
We use high-quality specialist dental and medical software to record and use your personal information safely and effectively. Our computer system has a secure audit trail and we back-up information routinely.
We also use cloud computing facilities for storing some of your information. The practice has a rigorous agreement with our provider to ensure that we meet the obligations described in this policy and that we keep your information securely.
We keep your records for 10 years after the date of your last visit to the Practice.
Access to your information and other rights
You have a right to access the information that we hold about you and to receive a copy. You should submit your request to the practice in writing or by email. We do not usually charge you for copies of your information; if we pass on a charge, we will explain the reasons.
You can also request us to
-Correct any information that you believe is inaccurate or incomplete. If we have disclosed that information to a third party, we will let them know about the change
-Erase information we hold although you should be aware that, for legal reasons, we may be unable to erase certain information (for example, information about your treatment)
-Stop using your information – for example, sending you reminders for appointments or information about our service
– Supply your information electronically to another Practitioner
If you do not agree
If you do not wish us to use your personal information as described, you should discuss the matter with your practitioner or practice manager. If you object to the way that we collect and use your information, we may not be able to continue to provide your medical care. If you have any concerns about how we use your information and you do not feel able to discuss it with your practitioner, practice manager anyone at the practice, you should contact The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF (0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745).