Dr. Julian De Silva has researched and published plastic surgery articles in major professional magazines:
British Medical Journal
Rhinology Medical Journal
Orbit Medical Journal
British Journal of Ophthalmology
British Medical Journal
Journal of Neurosurgery
Journal of Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science
Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Dr. De Silva’s Journal Article for teaching Clinicians on Advanced Facial Anatomy and Non-Surgical Filler Treatments
Dr. De Silva teaching facelift surgery in Las Vegas, USA, Surgical techniques SMAS lifting versus Deep Plane Lifting
Full Publications List:
- Dr. Julian De Silva completed a few book chapters on Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery) published in “Rhinology and Facial Plastics, Volume 2″, 2017.
- Dr. Julian De Silva completed Book Chapter on Upper Blepharoplasty, Lower Blepharoplasty and Asian Blepharoplasty for a contemporary book on Facial Plastic Surgery for teaching and educating surgeons around the world, 2014.
- Dr. De Silva completed Book Chapter on a specialised eyelid procedure termed Aesthetic Canthal Suspension, used in conjunction with Blepharoplasty for a contemporary book on Advanced Surgical Blepharoplasty Techniques, 2013.
- Dr. De Silva completed Book Chapter on droopy eyelid and ptosis correction for a contemporary book on Facial Plastic Surgery for teaching and educating surgeons around the world, 2013.
- The Evaluation of Stitch-free Skin Closure with Fibrin Tissue Glue, Degree of MD, published 2011.
- Orbital blowout fractures and race. De Silva DJ, Rose GE. Ophth. 2011 Aug;118(8):1677-80
- Spontaneous silent sinus syndrome (imploding antrum syndrome): case series of 16 patients. Babar-Craig H, Kayhanian H, De Silva DJ, Rose GE, Lund VJ. Rhinology. 2011 Aug;49(3):315-7
- Intraocular oxygen distribution in advanced proliferative diabetic retinopathy. Lange CA, Stavrakas P, Luhmann UF, De Silva DJ, Ali RR, Gregor ZJ, Bainbridge JW. American Journal Ophth. 2011 Sep;152(3):406-412
- Long-term outcome of primary congenital glaucoma. De Silva DJ, Khaw PT, Brookes JL. Journal American Association POS. 2011 Apr;15(2):148-52
- Randomised trial of sequential pretreatment for Nd:YAG laser iridotomy in dark irides. De Silva DJ, Day AC, Bunce C, Gazzard G, Foster PJ. British Journal Ophth. 2011 Apr 21
- Outcome following surgery for contact lens-induced ptosis. De Silva DJ, Collin JR. Ophth Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. 2011 May-Jun;27(3):186-9
- Surgical technique: modified lateral tarsorrhaphy. De Silva DJ, Ramkissoon YD, Ismail AR, Beaconsfield M. Ophth Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. 2011 May-Jun;27(3):216-8
- A very rare case of bloody tears with enigmatic epistaxis and haematuria. Ho JZ, De Silva J, Olver J. Orbit. 2011 Mar;30(2):116-7
- Hospitals and bottling factories. Improving quality of care. De Silva DJ, Darzi AW. BMJ. 2009 Sep 14
- Schwannoma, lacrimal gland fossa. De Silva DJ, Tay E, Rose GE. Orbit. 2009;28(6):433-5
- Predicting visual outcome following retinectomy for retinal detachment. De Silva DJ, Kwan A, Bunce C, Bainbridge J. Br J Ophth. 2008 Jul;92(7):954-8
- Skills acquired during training: a cause for concern? De Silva DJ, Ramkissoon YD, Fielder AR. British Journal Ophth. 2007 Sep;91(9):1248-9.
- Cyclodiode treatment of neovascular glaucoma secondary to Coats’ disease. De Silva DJ, Brookes JL. British Journal Ophth. 2007 May;91(5):690-1
- Laser iridotomy in dark irides. De Silva DJ, Gazzard G, Foster P. British Journal Ophth. 2007 Feb;91(2):222-5
- Optic disc size and optic disc-to-fovea distance in preterm and full term infants. De Silva DJ, Cocker KD, Lau G, Clay ST, Fielder AR, Moseley MJ. Investigative Ophth Vis Sciences. 2006 Nov;47(11):4683-6
- Ocular Barotrauma. De Silva DJ, R Andrews. British Medical Journal. 2006 Oct;333(7574):926
- Excimer laser survey in UK. Kashani S, De Silva DJ, Maini R. Eye. 2007 Feb;21(2):279-81
- Evaluation of a Z-haptic design toric intraocular lens with complete rotational stability. De Silva DJ, Ramkissoon YD, Bloom PA. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2006 Sep;32(9):1492-8
- Masked orbital Abscess in Wegener’s granulomatosis. De Silva DJ, Cole C, Luthert P, Olver JM. Eye. 2007 Feb;21(2):246-8
- Congenital eyelid imbrication syndrome. De Silva DJ, Fielder AR, Ramkissoon YR. Eye. 2006 Sep;20(9):1103-4
- An experimental study on the effect of encircling band procedure on silicone oil emulsification. De Silva DJ, Lim KS, Schulenburg WE. British Journal Ophth. 2005 Oct;89(10):1348-50
- Bilateral panuveitis in HIV-1 infected patients with CD8 lymphocytosis. De Silva DJ, Obi AA, Mitchell SM. Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2005 Jul-Aug;13(4):311-6
- Optic disc and peripheral neovascularization in a young male. De Silva DJ, Khan I, Schulenburg WE. Eye. 2006 Jul;20(7):860-1
- Preoperative assessment of secondary IOL implantation for aphakia. A comparison of 2 techniques. De Silva DJ, Nischal KK, Packard RB. J Cat Refractive Surgery. 2005 Jul;31(7):1351-6
- Rat brain serotonin neurones that express neuronal nitric oxide synthase have increased sensitivity to the substituted amphetamine serotonin toxins 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine and p-chloroamphetamine. De Silva DJ, French SJ, Cheung NY, Swinson AK, Bendotti C, Rattray M. Neuroscience. 2005;134(4):1363-1375
- Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) facilitates orbital implant insertion. De Silva DJ and Olver JM. Ophth Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2005 Jul;21(4):301-2
- Conjunctival squamous cell carcinoma: atypical presentation of HIV. De Silva DJ, Tumuluri K, Joshi N. Clinical Experimental Ophth. 2005 Aug;33(4):419-20
- An unusual cause of acute lid swelling. De Silva DJ, Strouthidis NG, Tariq S, Davies N. Eye. 2006 Feb;20(2):271-2
- Rosai-dorfman disease recurrence with bilateral orbital masses following immunosuppressant therapy. De Silva DJ. Joshi N. Orbit. 2005 Mar;24(1):51-3
- A novel technique of harvesting temporalis fascia autografts for correction of recurrent blepharoptosis. Baker RH, De Silva JD, Henderson HW, Kirkpatrick N, Joshi N. Ophth Plastic Reconstructive Surgery. 2005 Jul;21(4):298-300
- A spheniodal wing meningioma presenting as a subacute subdural haematoma. De Silva DJ, Selway R. British Journal of Neurosurgery. 2004 Feb;18(1):66-67