Signature Phi-Lift (Non-Surgical Facelift/ Beautification of Face)
Written by Dr. Julian De Silva
Why have a Signature Phi-Lift?
A Signature Phi-Lift is a non-surgical technique developed by Dr. De Silva that used a combination of HA-fillers to augment facial beauty enhancing the Phi lines of the Golden Ratio to enhance beauty and rejuvenate the face.
Attractive facial characteristics are characterised with natural curves and arcs across the cheek bone and a smooth and regular jaw line. An attractive face is wider at the level of the cheekbones and then narrows towards the chin, this is sometimes referred to as the “Ogee” facial curve. With facial ageing there is a combination of the effects of gravity in a downward direction coupled with loss of facial volume and skin laxity. The ageing process results in loss of the volume around the upper cheeks leading to a less youthful appearance. The skin that was once relatively taught and elastics becomes misshapen with more wrinkles and lines. The Phi-Lift technique enhances facial beauty by augmenting these artistic natural lines that favour facial beauty and attractiveness. Filler injections to the cheeks can restore lost volume, correct volume loss and can create a fuller, more youthful appearance. In addition fillers can be used to enhance natural curves and empahsies feminine parts of the female face and masculine parts of the male face.
Developed by a Facial Plastic Surgeon after more than a decade of specializing in facial surgery, combines our understanding of boney anatomy, state-of-the art innovation and artistry to facilitate the Phi-Lift techniques, a process of facial rejuvenation that:
- Lunchtime procedure with fast recovery and no surgery
- Minimally invasive (i.e. non-surgical technique)
- No need for general anaesthetic
- Natural looking result
- SFV Systematic Framework Volumisation: this technology combines our understanding of natural boney anatomy, use of state-of-the art innovation in technology. Utilise FDA approved hyaluronic acid filler to rejuvenate your face, the type of filler is dependent on location in face (Only FDA approved products are utilised, (U.S.A regulation approved, the Gold Standard for quality and medical safety).
- Phi-LIFT technology: Patented device is used to structurally augment along natural bone lines and curves along the lines of the Golden Ratio, this technology reduces the chance of bruising and swelling by 3x to conventional methods.
- Artistic Natural Lines,every persons face is unique and treatment must be customised for each individual based on Phi Golden Ratio and individual facial shape. The Phi-Lift does not use a set number of injections or treatments as each treatment is customised to the individual patient.
- Sculpted facial contouring favour highlight cheek bone area, jaw lines and area around the eyes. Contouring the areas of the middle and lower third of the face to favour a hear face shape
- The Phi-Lift PLUS technique incorporates skin rejuvenation to improve the quality of your skin by reducing fine lines, pigmentation and dark spots. The Plus technique does require 1-week of downtime.
- All treatments are completed by an accredited specialist registered with General Medical Council in the UK.
- Please note the Phi-Lift technology may not be suitable for all patients, please notify your doctor if you are currently pregnant or breast feeding
What does Phi-Lift involve at The Centre?
Dr. De Silva and his team will use a numbing local anaesthesia cream to reduce discomfort from the procedure. The numbing cream is specially made for Dr. De Silva and was designed in Beverley Hills and manufactured in Germany. After this a small anaesthetic injection is applied in the already numb area. The Dermal Filler is then used to augment the cheeks. At The Centre we used ‘Fast-Healing’ techniques that utilize a Cannula to administer the filler for most patients, this results in less swelling and bruising than older needle based techniques. Additionally, dermal fillers can be used on other facial areas at the same time as on the cheeks to give an enhanced natural result. At The Centre we specialize in ‘Natural Looking Results’ and some patients require may a top up treatment at two weeks.
When will I see the Results from Phi-Lift?
At The Centre you can expect to see relatively ‘Instant Results’ with our filler treatments. There will be minor swelling after filler treatment that for most patients resolves over night, often there can be mild swelling for 5-days (in approximately 5%). There is a small possibility, <2% of a minor bruise, this will resolve over a few days. We use the latest in technology to enhance recovery such as ‘No-Needle” Cannula techniques that enhance recovery. For most patients, the final results of cheek fillers will be evident approximately 5-days after the swelling subsides. With our techniques (Cannula based technique, application of filler at deeper levels) and filler choice will last 18 – 24 months, although results may vary from patient to patient.
Will I Look Natural with Phi-Lift?
At The Centre, we specialise in Natural Looking Results. We believe in a natural augmentation of the Cheek Area. Dr. De Silva has pioneered research in the area of facial beauty and this has been published in the mainstream media and multiple TV Channels. Dr. De Silva developed the application of the Phi Golden Ratio (used in the many of the most famous Renaissance paintings of Leonardo Da Vinci) to the human face and has multiple trained specialists at The Centre to apply the principles of this facial Balance and Beautification. At The Centre we have treated many Celebrities and A-Listers with these techniques to enhance natural beauty, a term we describe as Beautification of the Face, enhancing the natural Phi Golden Ratio Lines. Of Key importance with Filler rejuvenation is avoiding excessive filler use as this no longer looks natural or beautiful, Key is application of filler in specific areas of the face that differ on each individual’s facial characteristics. The application of Phi-Lift is different in Masculine and Feminine Face, in women is focused along the Phi Golden Ratio lines of the Cheek, in men is focus along the lines of the chin and jaw line. If you have already had treatment that has been excessive it may be necessary to dissolve the existing filler or wait for the filler to resolve. At The Centre we specialise in Natural Looking Results.
Will I experience any discomfort or pain?
We use a combination of treatments to minimise discomfort, these include the use of a powerful numbing local anaesthetic cream that is specially made for The Centre. We use State-of-The-Art Cannula (no needle) technique to minimise discomfort.
We use fillers that have incorporated anaesthetic into the injectable fillers to increase patient comfort.
At The Centre we use additional numbing and vibration devises that use the Nobel Prize winning research on ‘The Gate Control Theory of Pain” to minimise discomfort.
At The Centre, we take the above measures to ensure most patients only experience minor discomfort.
Are there any Risks or Complications?
Studies on safety of fillers have reported filler treatments as relatively safe with few side effects when completed by trained specialists. Recorded adverse events are usually minor including temporary injection site redness for less than three days. Patients may occasionally report temporary symptoms of redness, swelling, discomfort, lumps-bumpy changes, bruising, itching or change in colour. Infection is very rare however it is important that the treatment is completed in a CQC registered site (Care Quality Commission) and sterile precautions when having filler treatments. At The Centre all treatments are completed in our specialist Facial Centre on Harley Street. Serious side effects such as damage to skin (termed Necrosis) or damage to vision have very rarely been reported. Dr. De Silva has pioneered the teaching of other doctors to avoid these serious issues in both National and International Conferences since 2012. Fillers are currently lacking from regulation, which remains a controversy in the UK. Precautions can be taken with competent practitioners to avoid these serious complications. Dr. De Silva has trained his team at The Centre to avoid these unfortunate issues by utilising modern safe and newer techniques.
Signature Phi-Lift Overview
For further information on Filler Enhancement at The Centre please see:
- Cheek rejuvenation
- Recessed Chin & Jaw Line shaping
- Lip Vermillion border & Lip augmentation
- Lower eyelid & Tear Trough Treatment
- Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty, Liquid Nose Job
- Signature Phi-Lift (Non-Surgical Facelift/ Beautification of Face)
Further Information on Filler Treatments
Further Information on Signature Phi-Lift (Non-Surgical Facelift/ Beautification of Face)
Further Information on Signature Skin Rejuvenation (4x Combo-Technology, Fast healing)
Further Information on Filler Overview
Contact us to make an appointment for a Non-Surgical Treatments
FREE CONSULTATION call +44 (0) 020 8748 2860 or contact The Centre
Consultations with our surgeons and specialists are from £250 and are required prior to surgical treatment.