Philosophy, Culture & Values
Our philosophy is based on providing out patients with exceptional service and care. At foundation in 2011, we were the only London cosmetic practice to specialise entirely in the face, offering non-Surgical and Surgical facial procedures only, which enables us to give our patients greater expertise, innovation and care to achieve the changes they seek. There have been considerable innovations in cosmetic surgery over the past 5-years alone and we believe that better results come from dedication to a few cosmetic surgery procedures, leading to exceptional results than to do all types of plastic procedures all over the body. Our focus remains to give our patients the best possible natural looking results utilising in the latest in technology with fast healing and recovery to improve their looks and make them feel better themselves.
We continue to work with clinicians and surgeons in Beverley Hills- Los Angeles and Manhattan-New York to deliver the latest innovations in cosmetic treatments that are used in internationally basis. All our clinicians and surgeons are members of the most prestigious medical colleges in the World, including British, European and American Societies. We comply with highest level of regulation and safety in accordance with the Care Quality Commission and Independent Health Advisory Service register.
The Centre Values
At The Centre we believe in providing patients with World Class Facial Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery Services. Our services influence every aspect of our patients’ lives, their profession, family, friendships, and impacts confidence and well-being. The Centre provides services based on individual patient focus, natural results, excellent communication and positive energy. We continually strive for excellence and overcoming challenges. Our core philosophy is trust and sincerity to deliver patients world class service and care.
The Centre Company Values
- Patient Focus
- Communication & Team Focus
- Positive Energy
- Creativity & Innovation
- We have a Patient Focus
- We are empathetic to patients needs and go the extra mile to help in every way
- We support measures to give patients natural looking results & fast recovery
- We remain calm, listen & support patients
- We seek what is best for each patient above each other
- We apply the “Golden Principle” of treating others as you want to be treated
- We remain focused on patient safety, patient results and patient experience
- We Communicate with Clarity & Team focus
- We make time to help and support our colleagues
- We treat people with respect independent of their status, position or experience
- We are concise and articulate, and hand over information in speech and writing
- We are quick to admit mistakes and prevent them from occurring again
- We only say things about fellow employees that we will say to their face
- We maintain calm & focused in challenging situations
- We approach with Positive Energy
- We value drive, determination, feedback and confidence
- We accomplish impressive amounts of important patient centred work
- We demonstrate consistently strong performance so colleagues can rely upon us
- We focus on action and achieving results rather than on process
- We inspire others with our thirst for excellence
- We celebrate wins and are tenacious
- We use our Judgement & Problem Solving ability
- We make wise decisions (people, technical, management, and creative) despite uncertainty
- We identify root causes, and go beyond treating symptoms
- We think strategically, and articulate our purpose
- We smartly separate what must be done well now, and what can be improved later
- We work well under time restraint
- We go the extra mile to help our clients and colleagues beyond their expectations
- We use Creativity & Innovation
- We continually improve quality of experience for our patients & staff
- We innovate to deliver practical solutions to hard problems
- We challenge prevailing assumptions when warranted, and suggest better approaches
- We are focused on improving the fine details of every journey (2-millimetre rule)
- We keep us nimble by minimizing complexity and finding time to simplify
- We invest in the latest in technology to further our patient and staff experience
If you have these skills and are looking for employment at The Centre, we would like to hear from you, please send us your CV and personal statement.
Why have cosmetic surgery?
The main reasons my patients seeks cosmetic surgery is they want to look better, either to solve a problem or just to look and feel better.
There can be the common signs of facial aging and frequently may patients will say things such as “friends keep saying I look tired” or “I am fed up with my hanging neck”. Sometimes its something that has been bothering my patients for a long time “ I have wanted to get my nose done since I was a teenager” or “I have never liked the bags under my eyes”. For many patients having cosmetic surgery is a very significant decision and most patients who come to see us have been bothered about an aspect of the appearance for years before attending for a consultation. We appreciate and respect this and will do our best support and guide you along this journey.
Why natural looking results?
Our cultural norms favour physically attractive men and women, research has shown that more attractive and youthful looking people have more successful careers, obtain higher levels of income for the same job and more likely to have an attractive partner. Why should this be the case? Beauty usually translates to a quality of attractiveness and desirability, which infers positive attributes and values such as integrity and intelligence. In addition physical attractiveness implies good health, fertility in women and power in men. Although there are aspects of physical beauty that are related to culture, there are also widespread norms such as facial symmetry, facial balance and youthful appearance. Dr. De Silva is a believer in the importance of artistry behind cosmetic results and focuses his skills at delivering natural looking results, sometimes this may not be what a patient is looking for, Dr. De Silva will only perform surgery when he believes he can make his patients look and feel better about themselves.
Understanding your choices
Sometimes there can be so many choices it can be overwhelming, “should I have anti-wrinkle injections and fillers… laser treatment or do I need surgery”. At The London Centre of Advanced Facial Cosmetic Surgery, we will only advise cosmetic treatments based on your individual needs, many practices will offer options and surgeries based on the equipment and skills they have in house, Dr. De Silva will only advise you on procedures that will give you the result that you are looking for while maintaining a natural looking appearance, and may recommend against surgery and seeing one of his super-specialist colleagues. At the Centre we will provide you with everything you need to make an informed decision. Increasingly there are more and more devices that are being marketed with quick fixes or non-surgical solutions, this is where our expertise and knowledge will help you get the treatment that will give a long-lasting result. Although heavily marketed techniques may offer promises of a quick fix at low cost, there are often limitations in both longevity and a compromised result. Dr. De Silva believes that just in the way every face is different in shape, proportion and attributes, for a cosmetic procedure to be both natural looking and long-term, the procedure must be tailored towards an individual patient, no two faces are identical. The average recovery time for a surgical procedure on the face is between 1-2 weeks and the final result maybe as much as 6-months, Dr. De Silva has developed innovative techniques that both reduce potential down-time and support a rapid recovery. We work with our patients to provide an optimal environment and timing, and will operate and treat patients 24-7 if such circumstances are required by our patients.