What is Dr. De Silva’s Surgical Philosophy?
Dr. De Silva surgical philosophy is based on giving his patients natural looking results with the highest possible quality of surgical technique and care. On training in London, there were no surgeons who were able to train him in the use of minimally invasive facial surgery for areas including the brow, the nose and the eyes. Dr. De Silva went abroad to the US widely regarded as a World leader in Cosmetic Surgery to acquire these skills. The use of minimally invasive surgical techniques in his patients has led to considerable improvements in results with minimal or no scarring and faster recovery. The use of 3D telescopic technology has been applied to:
- Endoscopic 3D brow lifting
- Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty (Hidden incision inner lining of eyelid)
- Minimally Invasive Eyelid lifting (Modified blepharoplasty/ canthoplasty)
- Endoscopic 3D Nose Re-shaping (No incision rhinoplasty)
- Minimal Access Face Suspension Lift (hidden incision facelift)
- Internal Ptosis repair (Hidden incision elevation of eyelid)
- Follicular Unit Extraction (Completely avoids linear scar)
Dr. De Silva utilizes these minimally invasive techniques in all suitable cases, the primary importance being giving a patient a natural looking and long-lasting result. These techniques are not suitable for all patients and Dr. De Silva will advise you if open surgery if is a better option for you.