At The Centre for Advanced Facial Cosmetic Surgery, under the leadership of Dr. De Silva, we have a focus on excellence by investment in our staff, through further training, courses and continued professional development. We have won numerous awards over the past two decades that maintain us a top specialist. Dr. De Silva and his team have an impressive number of awards including:
- Nomination for Best Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 2013
- What Clinic – Customer Service Award 2013
- Selected as London 2012 Olympic Athletes’ Surgeon
- Nomination for Best Cosmetic Surgeon (PSP)
- Nomination for Best Practice in London
- Good Practice Award by British Association
- London Deanery Prize for Top Leadership Program
- Nomination for Innovation in Healthcare, HSJ Awards
- Masters with Distinction at Imperial College London
- Nomination for Best Patient Care at National Awards
Academic and Training Awards
- Awarded MD Postgraduate Degree
- Merit award in Postgraduate Certificate for Leadership Skills
- Distinction and top performer in Masters at Imperial College London
- Imperial College London Innovation Award
- West London Gold Medal Research Award
- Merit award in Basic Sciences
- University of London United Medical and Dental Schools of Guy’s and St. Thomas’s Hospitals
- University of London Degree in Masters with Distinction
- Nomination for Hospital Service Journal Awards
American Association of Oculo Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Annual Conference, invited speaker and teacher for Facelift and Rhinoplasty Programme included International Lecturing and Anatomy Cadaver Surgery Demonstration.
- ACE Aesthetics Annual Conference, invited speaker and teacher on Advanced Facial Anatomy, London, UK.
- American Association of Oculo Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Annual Conference, invited speaker and teacher for Facelift and Rhinoplasty Programme included International Lecturing and Anatomy Cadaver Surgery Demonstration, Chicago USA.
- Awarded the highest sum of National Funding for an innovative and pioneering new Leadership Programme in Healthcare, unprecedented award on two separate occasions.
- Revolutionized the delivery of community healthcare by training clinical members of staff to delivery care in a completely novel tripartite service, nominated for prestigious National Hospital Service Journal Award.
- Pioneered the first and only course for the support and development on new surgeons with Modernizing of Medical Careers in the National Agenda for medical training.
- Won the prestigious Gold medal Research Prize as Surgical Trainee and Researcher at Imperial College London.